Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
Welcome to Norfolk Redevelopment & Housing Authority Web Portal!
This Web Portal acts as a wizard and you will be able to:
- Review your information for accuracy
- Update applicant information
- View the waiting lists you've previously applied to
- Apply to new waiting list
At any point, feel free to add, update, or remove information that is no longer applicable. At the end of this wizard you'll be able to submit our changes to the housing authority for review. During this review process you will not be able to make further changes.
The review process may trigger a few actions that require your attention. Messages related to your changes can be viewed on your dashboard.
To begin select the get started button on the bottom of the page.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: For persons with disabilities or persons needing assistance you must put the request in writing to the NRHA Office.
Before you begin the application process, please have the below information available to respond to questions while completing the application:
- Names and dates of birth for all family members who will be living with you,
- Social security cards for all family members,
- Income of all family members,
- E-mail address (if you have one, as a means to communication with you).
Make sure you have typed correctly all information. HAVE PAPER AND PEN READY TO WRITE DOWN YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER.
Submit only ONE application. Duplicate applications will not be accepted.
If you are currently on the Wait List for applications currently being accepted, please do not re-apply. An additional application is not necessary and will not be accepted.
Disclaimer Applications may be received online anytime during the Intake period. Applicants will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of the application. By submitting this pre-application, you are not guaranteed placement on any waiting list.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List All applicants added to the waiting list are responsible for maintaining a current address with the Norfolk Redevelopment Housing Authority.
- If you are sent a letter for a preliminary interview or any other correspondence and you do not respond, or your letter is returned undeliverable, your application will be withdrawn from the waiting list.
- If you have a change of address, phone number, income or family size, you must make these changes via the web portal.
ALL CHANGES MUST BE IN THE PORTAL. NO CHANGES WILL BE TAKEN OVER THE PHONE.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by NRHA.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Virginia law.
- Family must have annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the established income limits at the time of admission according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Applicant and all adult members 18 years of age and older must pass a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the household that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the household must provide documentation of social security numbers for all family members or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of initial eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the household must meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the household who currently owes rent or other amounts to NRHA or any other housing authority will not be offered assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
The Norfolk Redevelopment Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in housing programs or activities.
Enter your Agent Code here...